When we go visit my aunt she always makes the most amazing sticky bun for breakfast. I always want to make it at home but 1. I never have the right ingredients on hand (frozen bread dough balls and cook and serve vanilla pudding to name a few) and 2. You have to prepare it the night before and let it rise in the oven overnight. 2 big problems when you are having a sticky bun craving.
As I was browsing Pinterest one day I found a recipe for a super simple version that uses ingredients that I usually have on hand BINGO! The original recipe is posted at All Things Delicious. I took a look at her recipe and decided to change it up a bit and I doubled a few of the ingredients to add some extra sticky goodness! Here are my photos and my version of the recipe, seriously so easy and so good your family will ask for it every day!
The ingredients: syrup, cinnamon, 2 cans of pop open biscuits (the small ones, not the grand size), brown sugar, margarine, optional – nuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans whatever you like!
In a small bowl melt 6 tsp of the margarine then add 1/2 cup of syrup and mix until well blended. In another bowl combine 2/3 cup of packed brown sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Pour small amount (about 1/3) of the syrup mixture into the bottom of well greased bundt pan or as you can see in my case, a well seasoned stoneware from Pampered Chef
Add most of (about 2/3) the brown sugar mixture and 1 cup of chopped nuts
Arrange both packages of the biscuits in the pan
Pour the remaining syrup mixture over the biscuits, make sure as you do this that you lift them a bit and pour the mixture in between them. Then top with the remaining brown sugar mixture
Place in oven preheated to 375 degrees and cook for approximately 22-25 minutes until the biscuits are nice and brown
Immediately invert the sticky bun onto a plate and serve. Would you look at all that yummy sticky glaze!
- 6 tbsp butter
- ½ cup syrup
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 packages small pop open dinner biscuits
- 1 cup chopped nuts of your choice
- In a small bowl melt butter then add syrup and mix until well blended.
- In another bowl combine brown sugar cinnamon.
- Pour small amount (about ⅓) of the syrup mixture into the bottom of well greased bundt pan.
- Add most of (about ⅔) the brown sugar mixture and chopped nuts.
- Arrange both packages of the biscuits in the pan.
- Pour the remaining syrup mixture over the biscuits, make sure as you do this that you lift them a bit and pour the mixture in between them.