Looking for a quick and easy cake thats sure to please any chocolate lover? Try this yummy chocolate chip cookie brownie cake compete with chocolate ganache icing you will not be able to resist!
Easy Chocolate Chip Brownie Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix (13 x 9 in pan size)
- Ingredients for your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- I recommend using a springform pan for this cake so it comes out of the pan easily with no breakage or sticking. If you do not have a springform pan you can use a regular 9 in round cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions and pour into a greased 9 in springform pan.
- Prepare your chocolate chip cookie dough and press into a greased 9 in springform pan.
- Place both pans into the oven on the center rack. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. For the brownie this will be about 35 min and for the cookie it will be about 45 min.
- Cool layers completely.
- Prepare your chocolate ganache icing by bringing 2 cups of heavy whipping cream to a slow boil. Place 3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips into a glass bowl and pour the boiling cream over them. Stir until smooth. Let icing sit for about 2 hours to thicken. Don't try to rush by placing in the fridge.
- Spread a generous layer of the thickened ganache over the cooled chocolate chip cookie layer. Place the brownie layer on top then cover the entire cake with more ganache icing. Let sit 1 hour to allow the icing to settle and thicken a bit more.
- Serve and enjoy!